Access Statement for Burnville House, Brentor, Tavistock, Devon. PL19 0NE
Our home is set in a very peaceful rural location and offers two guest rooms. The house is a grade 2 listed Georgian farmhouse and whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some features of the property which make access difficult for people with limited mobility. There are several steps to the front door and the bedrooms are accessed by stairs.
- We are located at the end of our own private drive which is 1/4 mile long and not tarmac. Our location is fairly remote and therefore not ideally suited to those travelling without a car.
- The nearest shops are in Tavistock, about 5 miles away.
- Buses will make a request stop close to the end of our lane. Buses only run hourly.
- The nearest railway stations are Exeter or Plymouth both are about 40 minutes away by car, a bus can be caught from both stations to Okehampton and Tavistock respectively.
- Brochures and menus can be provided, the later in large print if required. We regret that we do not have facilities to prepare documents in braille.
- Our web site www.burnville.co.uk provides pictures of our accommodation and further details of the services we provide
- You can contact us by telephone, text or e mail, please see the “contact information” section of this document for full details.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your estimated arrival time so we can ensure that we are here to welcome you.
- To ensure that your accommodation is ready we ask that guests do not arrive before 2.30pm. Earlier arrival may, however, be possible by prior arrangement.
- Parking is in the level gravelled drive to the right of the house; there are no parking bays but ample room.
- Assistance with luggage is always available
- There are seven steps, 6 inches high from the drive to the front door, there is no hand rail. Entrance is into the main hall where there is seating and from which guest will be escorted to their rooms. The floor is level floor boards with rugs.
Public Areas – Hall, Stairs, Landing, Corridors etc
- Both the dining room and the drawing room lead off the main hall and are all on the same level. The stairs to the bedrooms are also located in the hall. There are 20 steps, 6 inches high with hand rails on both sides and a half landing. The stairs and landing are carpeted, spacious and well lit. We have three bedrooms all situated on the first floor. The house has full central heating throughout but temperatures can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
Public Areas – Sitting room, lounges, lobbies etc
- Guests are welcome to use the drawing room at any time, it is very large and has several comfortable sofas, it is fully carpeted and has a large open fire that is lit during the cooler winter months. There is a large free standing backgammon table and various other card and board games are available.
- Breakfast and evening meals are served in the dining room. There is one large and one smaller dining table. The floor is wooden and there is an open fire which is lit most days during the cooler months.
- There is no background music anywhere on the premises.
- We are not licensed to sell alcohol.
- Hard all weather tennis court
- Heated outdoor swimming pool
Bedrooms & Sleeping Areas
- All bedrooms are on the first floor and are carpeted throughout.
- There are en suite facilities in all rooms consisting of bath with shower attachment in Waverley and Derbyshire and walk in shower with I inch step in Harlyn, WC and wash basin.
- Tea and coffee making facilities, home made biscuits and a decanter of water are provided. • We also provide a hair dryer, torch and a selection of books and magazines.
- Our beds are normally made with feather duvets and pillows however synthetic alternatives are available if preferred. We are also happy to provide sheets and blankets, please specify before your arrival if required.
- There is a wardrobe, chest of drawers and dressing table, two comfortable chairs and a table in each room.
- All rooms have a flat screen television and DVD with remote control, also a CD/radio with remote control.
- Waverley is at the top of the stairs on the left. It has a 6ft 6 inch wide bed with access from both sides
- Derbyshire is at the top of the stairs and on the right, it has a 6 ft wide double bed with access from both sides. Harlyn is at the end of the hall, it has a 6 ft wide four poster bed with access from both sides.
Grounds and Gardens
- We have a large garden with three lawns on different levels
- Each lawn is flat
- Guests can use the gardens at all times
- The gardens are accessed from the front door down 7 steps which are 6 inches high, there is no hard rail.
- Access to the lower lawns is either via a large grass slope or down some large stones steps each varying in height
- Smoking is not permitted in the house but you may smoke in the grounds.
- We are happy to cater for special diets, please advise prior to arrival.
- Mobile phone reception is very poor, you are welcome to make and receive calls on the land line.
Address: Burnville Farm, Brentor, Tavistock, Devon Pl19 0NE
Telephone: 01822 820 443
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.burnville.co.uk
Grid reference: SX 489 825
Updated 25th January 2012