BURNVILLE FARM PRIVACY STATEMENT
Burnville Farm is committed to protecting your personal data and handling it responsibly.
This policy covers the personal data that we collect whenever you interact with us, including when you use our website, when you stay with us at Burnville Farm and when you correspond with us (such as by email or over the phone). It also covers personal data that we may receive from third parties.
Personal data Burnville Farm collects from you:
We collect personal data from your interactions with us, such as when you engage with our website, when you stay with us or when you email or phone us.
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- The name and contact details that you provide when you book accommodation.
- Your payment and address details as necessary to secure bookings and for balance payments.
- Information about your use of our website as necessary and appropriate.
Personal data Burnville Farm receives from third parties:
At the present time, Burnville Farm receives personal data from third party organisation, such as Farm Stay UK and Air BnB). Assurance has been sought that all third party organisations comply with required GDPR.
Why Burnville Farm processes your personal data:
This section explains the reasons why we process your personal data and our legal bases for doing so.
We process your personal data when necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in the following:
- Responding to your comments or complaints.
- Preventing, investigating and/or reporting fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime.
- Using incident reports and potential other means to protect the security of other guests and visitors to Burnville Farm and to help detect and prevent unlawful activity.
- Managing legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative matters.
You have a right to object to any processing that we undertake for our legitimate interests. Please contact Burnville Farm for further information regarding exercising your rights.
We process your personal data when necessary for contractual reasons, such as to administer your stay with us and to provide products and services that you have requested.
We are legally required to process your personal data in cases where we need to:
- Respond to certain requests by government or law enforcement authorities
- Comply with local Council requirements.
Who Burnville Farm shares personal data with:
We will share your personal data with the following recipients:
- Government authorities or law enforcement officials, to assist with their official requests and comply with our legal obligations.
Personal data transfers outside of the EEA:
Burnville Farm does not transfer data outside of the EEA.
How long Burnville Farm retains personal data:
We retain personal data about your enquiry or booking for as long as your account remains active, and for a limited period of time afterwards. Retention periods will therefore vary according to booking lead in times.
We keep a record of registration for 12 months after your stay or event. Occasionally, data may be held for longer periods to satisfy legal requirements or possibly resolve an issue.
Your rights to withdraw consent and to object :
Wherever we rely on your consent to process personal data, you always have a right to withdraw that consent. Please contact Burnville Farm for further information regarding your right to withdraw consent or object.
Your other personal data rights:
In addition to your rights to withdraw your consent and to object, you have the right to ask us:
- For access to information about your personal data or for a copy of your personal data.
- To correct or delete your personal data.
- To restrict (i.e. stop any active) processing of your personal data.
- To provide you with certain personal data in a structured, machine readable format and to transmit that data to another organisation.
These rights may not always apply
How to contact us and exercise your rights:
The easiest way to stop receiving information from us is by opting out of communications.
We will do our best to assist with any queries you have about your personal data. You can contact our Data Protection Officer at any time using the contact details below. When you do so, please provide your full name, your preferred contact information, and a summary of your query.
Data Protection Officer
Burnville Farm, Brentor, Tavistock, Devon PL19 0NE
If you have unresolved concerns, you also have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
Last updated 14 May 2018
We suggest that you check back here for updates, as we will update this policy from time to time.